Quick way to make your own DIY hand sanitizer

Instructions - how to make DIY hand sanitizer

Tools • Measuring cup is required • Measuring spoons • Whisk, medium size • Empty spray bottles (for WHO formulation) • Empty lotion or sanitizer containers, clean first.

Instructions for the WHO formulation

Ingredients you require to make your own DIY hand sanitizer.

• 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of 91% isopropyl alcohol is needed • 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide, must be neat • 1 teaspoon of 98% glycerine is required • ¼ cup, 1 tablespoon, and 1 teaspoon (or 85 millilitres) of sterile distilled or boiled cold water, must be cold water

The WHO features a comprehensive guide the way to make your own hand sanitizer —the only problem is that if you follow these instructions, you’ll find yourself with tons of it.

Like, exactly 2.6 gallons of it.

If you want to make enough to last you, your family, and all your friends through a zombie apocalypse, you can.

But if you want to keep things on a smaller scale, we’ve adapted the measurements for you.

How to make your own DIY hand sanitizer.

1. Pour the alcohol into a medium-sized container with a pouring spout. The WHO’s recipe asks for 99.8% isopropanol, but since it’s costlier and not as readily available in local drugstores, we adapted the proportions for 91% isopropanol.

If you happen to possess 99.8% isopropanol or were ready to find it at the pharmacy (lucky ducky), use just one cup.

Also, if you could only get your hands on 70% isopropyl alcohol, you can still use that—you’ll just have to change the amounts.

Do not use less than 70%. This is the recommended amount.

Coronavirus - make your own DIY hand sanitizer.

The percentages on the labels of isopropanol ask the alcohol concentration in them. You’re dealing with almost pure alcohol if you’ve got 99.8%, whereas 70% means the bottle is only a little more than two-thirds alcohol, and the rest is water.

For hand sanitizer to be effective against COVID-19, authorities have recommended the use of formulations with at least 60% alcohol, meaning 70% isopropyl alcohol will do just fine.

But, if you want to stick to the WHO recipe with 70% isopropyl alcohol, use 1 ⅓ cups instead of 1 cup to make up for that remaining 30%.

This will also make your DIY hand sanitizer more liquid and diluted, which means you’ll need to use a little more to get the same sanitizing effect on your hands.

How to make your own DIY hand sanitizer.

2. Add the hydrogen peroxide.

3. Add the glycerine and stir. This ingredient is thicker than both alcohol and hydrogen peroxide, so it’ll take some stirring to combine everything.

You can use a clean spoon for this or, if your container has a lid, you can put that on and shake it well.

4. Measure and pour in the water. If you’re using 99.8% isopropanol, you’ll got to measure ¼ of a cup, 1 tablespoon, and 1 teaspoon of distilled or boiled cold water and add it all to your mix. If you’re using another percentage of isopropanol,

Just pour the maximum amount water as necessary to urge to a final volume of 345 millilitres, or approximately 1.4 cups. Stir.

5. Sanitize your spray bottles and pour in your hand sanitizer. Spray several your leftover alcohol into your bottles and allow them to sit until the alcohol has evaporated.

You must ensure the bottle is fully cleaned for this to work correctly.

Pour in your sanitizer to complete the process.

6. Label your bottles. You don’t want any accidents where you or anybody else ingests your newly made hand sanitizer . Take the time to label your bottles.

Always remember that a child could potentially get their hands on this homemade product.

Coronavirus - make your own DIY hand sanitizer.

How to make your own DIY hand sanitizer.

We are experiencing a global shortage of face masks and hand sanitizer on an unprecedented scale.

In the UK the national health service has secured an undisclosed amount of these items, this is to ensure the NHS are able to support Coronavirus patients.

Beyond the treatment of coronavirus patients, staff at the front line require face masks and hand sanitizer to perform their duties.

So where does the government source these items? Well, if you take a look online these items are basically unavailable, if they are for sale they are at criminally high prices.

Mass production at secure facilities is the ideal place to manufacture face masks and hand sanitizer .

This is what some experts in global supply chain are stating.

Shop at eBay UK for low cost deals today.

You can purchase some of the raw material you need from eBay UK.

Check out eBay customer reviews.

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

GiveBackCashBack 2021

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • LinkedIn